Pattern update

Well I’ve been meaning to update the longies pattern for a while, people keep asking me how long to make the rise and the legs and I’ve been a bit slack about finishing the pattern for all sizes *blush*.

So yesterday I added in a newborn size – I’m making a nb pair at the moment and they are soooooo quick after the endless toddler longies!  I’ve done the body and one leg and only used 50g of yarn too, so I’m expecting the whole thing to take less than 75g.

I also put in the measurements for when to start doing the crotch.  These are based partly on helpful advice from TNNers (thanks guys!) but they are still estimates of course, and the best way to ensure a perfect fit is to measure the rise of the child who the longies are intended for!   I haven’t added any leg measurements yet but hopefully will do that this weekend.

I also changed the crotch part of the pattern slightly, in that I altered the number of stitches you slip onto the dpns for kitchener stitch.  The only reason for the change was when I’m knitting longies I tend to forget how many stitches to hold back on the circulars (how feeble is that when the pattern is written on my own blog!) and I tend to default to 4.  Which works out quite well I think, so I just simplified the crotch pattern to match what I have been doing – this just makes the crotch a fraction wider in the bigger sizes, which I figure is good for over cloth nappies anyway.  By all means use whatever number of stitches works for you!  And if you hate the change just tell me and I will change it back again.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s