I finished them!!!! I’m so pleased with the way they turned out, they are just the way I imagined them 🙂 And I think they are way cool, if I do say so myself.
Instead of an icord I just crocheted a chain from 2 strands of yarn, it makes a nice thickness of cord and is soooooo much faster (and less tedious!) than icord, I don’t think I’ll ever icord again.
These were really quite easy, the only part that required a little bit of thought was the legs, because after the crotch each leg had stitches of only 2 colours and I wanted the 3 colour spiral to continue down the legs. For one leg which had 2 strands of working yarn (one of which was the tail from the kitchener stitch), I started with the kitchener stitch tail on the first stitches on the left needle, picked up the 2nd working yarn half way round the leg, then introduced the 3rd colour yarn when picking up stitches along the crotch at the end of the first round. For the other leg which had only 1 strand of working yarn I started with a 2nd colour on the first half of the leg, picked up the working yarn part way round the leg and then when I got to the crotch, picked up stitches with the 3rd colour. So this got the spirals going again.