Aaaaages ago Sally and I bought some cheap white flannelette. I cut it into lengths big enough for a large baby wrap, and and Mum helpfully overlocked it all. We’ve been meaning to dye it for months, and we finally got around to it this weekend. We also dyed some natural coloured velour from Greenbeans, which we cut into 50cm strips because it will be used to make baby wipes.
We dyed it yesterday (with procion) and I washed it all out this afternoon, and here it is on the line this evening – the light was going so the photos are a bit dim. The colours didn’t come out quite as vibrant as I’d hoped, and I’m a bit disappointed with the orange and red ones. Mind you, its for baby wraps and wipes so pastel colours are probably a good thing really. The really splotchy red+yellow one was dyed with a different technique and came out looking quite cool I think.