Pimp my soakers part 3

Ok, so after discovering the fun of embellishing soakers, I then discovered the joys of variegated yarn – makes interesting soakers with minimum effort!  I love seeing how the patterns develop as I knit.

Here’s one in Utiku watermelon (except for the legcuffs which are Cleckheaton country):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here’s one from Kairanga Handcrafts yarn which Helen on TNN kindly got for me from her lys:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And then I had a go at stripes in the round:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

An F.O. at last!

Or is that “a F.O.”?  Anyway, I finished the the kool-aid dyed soaker for E (except for the waist elastic which is at mum’s house).  After all that hmmmming and haaaing about the cuffs, in the end I got brave and just used the dyed yarn to see how far it would go – it lasted for 5 rows each cuff, plus the row of picked up stitches and the cast-off, and I still had 2m left!  So I really didn’t have anything to worry about.

I did the cuffs last night while watching Mrs Caldicott’s Cabbage War (very enjoyable)  and today I did a wee bit of embroidery on the back.  I’m still not in love with them and I was feeling lazy so I kept the design simple.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket