Pimp my soakers part 2

So, I decided to have a go at embroidering my soakers to zhuzz them up a little.  Here is my first attempt, on  a soaker knitted in Treliske organic merino (yummmm!).  I played around with duplicate stitch, chain stitch and lazy daizies – my first ever embroidery experiment.  It was also the first time I made an i-cord.  ugh.  not my favourite thing.

 back view (its supposed to be a butterfly. yes really.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

front view:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wasn’t entirely happy and wanted to improve on that effort, so I did another flowery girly sort of soaker, this time for a friend of E.  This was actually my first try at circular knitting, using the Punk Knitters pattern.  After that I never bothered making a soaker on flats again, I love circulars!:

 front view:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

back view:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Advertisements